The Litebook® Recommended Usage
- Typical usage time is 15-30 minutes a day.
- Some users may benefit from additional light, up to 60 minutes/day.
- Optimally, The Litebook® should be used first thing in the morning, as early as convenient.
- The Litebook® should be positioned approximately 12-24 inches (30-60 cm) from your face, and should be offset slightly from center to reduce glare (SEE DIAGRAM BELOW)
- The Litebook's® light beam must be directed at your eyes, and your eyes must be open to achieve benefit.
- It is NOT necessary to stare at the light, however you may glance at it occasionally. Glasses or contact lenses do not interfere with the light beam and may be worn during use of The Litebook®.
- Typically, you will recognize when you've received sufficient light - most often by feeling of heightened alertness, energy, and/or mood. Refer to the diagram below for proper positioning of The Litebook®.
USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.
- The Litebook® emits an intense beam of white light. DO NOT STARE DIRECTLY AT THE LIGHT SOURCE. It is NOT harmful to glance at the light for a few seconds at a time.
- We encourage use of The Litebook® while engaged in other activities, such as reading, eating, applying makeup, or working at a computer or desk. However, take care that The Litebook® is NOT brought into contact with water or heat-producing appliances, as they may damage The Litebook®, and may pose possible fire hazards.
- If you have a history of eye disease including, but not limited to, macular degeneration, have undergone corrective laser eye surgery in the past 30 days, or if you are currently taking medications including certain antibiotics which render you photosensitive (extremely sensitive to light), consult with your ophthalmologist or health care provider before using this product.
- Consult a medical professional before using The Litebook® if you have been diagnosed with Seasonal Affective Disorder, depression, Bipolar Disorder, mood or sleep disorders or if you are taking medication for the treatment of depression and/or mood disorders (including but not limited to: fluoxetine (Prozac®), fluvoxamine (Luvox®), paroxetine (Paxil®), sertraline (Zoloft®), venlafaxine (Effexor®), nefazodone (Serzone®), Wellbutrin® and Zyban®). Light therapy may change the effect of these kinds of medications.
- Occasional mild side-effects may occur which usually resolve after a few days of use, including headaches or a 'stinging' sensation in the eyes. If these or any other adverse effects not listed, do not resolve after three days, discontinue use of The Litebook® and consult your health care provider. On very rare occasions and usually only with over-use, less than 1% of users may experience mania (periods of abnormally and persistently elevated, expansive or irritated mood). If this occurs, stop using The Litebook immediately.